Saturday, July 25, 2009

one man's junk...

so greg and i had a garage sale last weekend. All summer I have been pulling things out and making piles and saying "do i use this?" Once we got everything out on the driveway i was surprised at how much stuff we really didn't use...or want.
We made some good money considering that by 9am it was almost 500 degrees. I bagged and boxed up what didn't sell and took it to goodwill.
I took my audio books down to the used book store and they gave me almost 50 bucks in store credit!
With my money I bought some new dishes at target. I bought melamine plates and bowls that match not only each other but the house too. The best part is they wont chip.
Daisy sold her traveling kennel to help pay for Lulu's stuff that we also tried to sell.
I feels good to purge the old stuff that collects dust and then to buy new things with the rewards.
LONG LIVE GARAGE SALES!!

2 comments:

Margene said...

take a picture of the dishes and post them.

Taylor Swim said...

AMEN SISTER! Way to cut out the junk!