Monday, March 9, 2009

Fruita is the greatest place in America!

So when Greg and I moved to Colorado is was a spur of the moment type of move. He was not a big fan of the Californian way of life...meaning traffic and millions of people everywhere. He had been to Fruita, Co once in about 2000-ish. He suggested it and my first words were something to effect of, "Who would ever live in a town called Fruita?" My second request was that we move somewhere that was not in the desert... which Fruita is. Well 4 years later and I could not imagine living anywhere else. We live in the perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors no matter what time of the year it is. For the past couple of weekends we have gone on little trips in different directions.

The first trip we went on was snowshoeing (one of my favorite winter activites) Every winter I ask to go snowshoeing. This year I realized its because I can go slow and it doesn't hurt my knee...low impact. In the past we have gone up to the Grand Mesa but this year we decided to go to Red Mountain. Red Mountain is between Ouray and Silverton with lots of neat history with old mines and beautiful forests.





The next weekend we headed to Utah and Thompson Springs, then up to Sego Canyon. Greg had heard about it and was curious to see what was out there. We knew there was an old mining town but what we didn't know is that there was also some petroglyphs. It was a nice day and we saw only 2 other cars.





The next weekend we went out to Capital Reef National Park. We camped right outside of the park. It was so nice. We used our roof top tent. Greg got a heater to use in the tent to warm it up. It was a nice weekend. We hiked and took pictures. The weather was perfect and hardly anybody was there.







The best part about this weekend is that we took a family picture and Daisy would not stand still. Every year I tell myself that we are going to send out Christmas cards and when the time comes I can never find a picture or I don't have enough time to take one and still get them out. So this year we are taking tons of them so I have no excuse. This is my favorite so far. It was taken at Capital Reef National Park.

6 comments:

Tony said...

Dang! You guys are cool.
Awesome pictres..looks like a lot of fun!
blazeofgloryoffroad.com

Shelly said...

Looks like way fun. We're glad you guys are in Fruita too.

Violet said...

You always look like you have so much fun!!! I am glad you like CO. I hope Tom and I get out of CA someday too.

I need your help with ideas. Please take a peek at my blog and respond to the post titled HELP!!!

Thanks you’re the best!

Julie said...

You guys always go on amazing trips and have so much fun and great pictures. What a great life you have!

Margene said...

Did Daisy have on her scarf from Chile. No wonder you are never home when I call on weekends

Taylor Swim said...

Wow! Those are some amazing pictures. You guys look like an ad for REI. So fun!