Sunday, June 29, 2008

my BIG summer trip

Can you guess what this is?

Why yes it is my trip itinerary to Chile and Peru! My parents come home from their mission in August and being childless and a teacher with summers off...I decided to pick them up.

On our way home from Chile we will be going to peru. I am so excited this is one trip that for years I have wanted to make. Machu Picchu is so fascinating to me.

I have been watching travel shows and food channels trying to become acquainted with some of the local food. I learned that ceviche is very common in peru...which is great because I love ceviche. I man in my ward travels down there quite a bit with tour groups and just went down 2 weeks ago. He however was in the more tropical areas of the amazon.I learned that in these areas they eat piranhas.

I cannot wait to go!

7 comments:

Margene said...

I can't wait either. You took us to the mission home and now you are coming to get us. Perfect. It will be fun to show you the Country and people we have learn to love. Then you can take me home. I am just a little bit trunky. I have only 34 days until you come. 38 days and I am relased as a missionary. and just a little longer and then we fly home.

Em-Cat said...

That's super exciting! Tell Margene and Dennis hello and give them a big hug for me.

Taylor Swim said...

Wow! Those pictures are making me jealous. Your trip is going to rock! By the way, I love your new page design.

Julie said...

I'm glad you get to go to Chile. Tige is jealous. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

The Snow Queen said...

Awesome new layout. It's totally cute!

Tara said...

I didn't know you love ceviche! I have a killer recipe that I can make you next time I see your cute self.... ;)

O-Town Aerial Botany Chic said...

Amazing! How exciting for you!