Saturday, April 12, 2008

my favorite new teen series...

Well as most of you know I am teaching reading and writing this year not pre-algebra. I have been collecting books right and left. I pay close attention to the genres that my students like and try to supply my classroom bookshelves with these types. This year there has been a great fascination with the twilight series by stephanie meyer.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html

She graduated from BYU and lives in pheonix. I thought they can't be all that bad. I read the reviews on them and bought the 3 books in the series. I didn't even think about reading them because they deal with a love between a girl and a boy who happens to be a vampire. Not really my genre. However I see my struggling girl readers just suck them up and refuse to put them down. I dove into the first novel and haven't been able to do anything else. Great book!

9 comments:

Margene said...

Don't judge a book by its cover. I love books. I may have some junior high books still in Corona. We will check next time we are both there.

The Snow Queen said...

All my friends have been talking about it. I'm the only one who hasn't read the whole series! I have been saving it for a vacation. NOw that Lily is here I think the vacation is a long way away. They are making a movie out of the first book and the cast has already been chosen. Some of my friends have posted pictures of the cast. I guess I had better jump on the band wagon. Maybe this week I'll start so that I can talk to you about it.

catherine said...

I just finished it. I loved it!!! I can honestly say that I wish I was a vampire. It was a fast read and very romantic. The movie comes out in December of 08. The character that plays Bella is awesome she was in "Speak" (another one of my favorite books) and the Edward is HOT! I cannot wait.

Tolley Family said...

Oh no they got you too!! BTw hi Catherine! It's Michele Tolley! :) Anyway I read them like two years ago and was obsessed. I even threw three parties, met the author..and have now finally returned to normalcy. LOL glad you liked them! :) I want to invite you to read my blog but I need your email address....

The Snow Queen said...

FYI Stephanie Meyer has a new book coming out May 6

catherine said...

She also has the 4th book coming out in August.
michelle... catherinemg2007@gmail.com

Margene said...

I love your new back ground. How can I change mine

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.