Sunday, April 6, 2008

April Fool's Day

I haven't had internet for about 4 days so this is a little old from this past week. I play this joke on my students every year. It is great to see them look in disgust and then whine and complain. I get them every time.
I told all my students that if they turned in their homework... then on Tuesday I would give them brownees.(notice the spelling) They make sure that they all get it done and are truly concerned for those who do not. Then on Tuesday I have them close their eyes and go around placing their treat on their desks. On the count of 3 we all open our eyes together to see the brownee on their desk.

You can imagine the disappointment that they have. I remind them that it is April Fool's day and proceed to laugh at them. This is the one day of the year that I look forward to going to school.
Even Daisy was a little put out by the thought.

4 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

I think I'm going to make my kids Brownee's tonight. They need a good trick. It probably has more fiber in it your way!

Anonymous said...

You would think that the class before them would tell and your secert would get out. But it doesn`t. Just don`t send me brown ees.

Anonymous said...

poor Daisy. She doesn`t understand April Fools give her dog food in the shape of an e

Violet said...

Holy Cow that is funny!!!!!!!! I don't know if my kindergartners would get it, but I will have to remember it for next year! I love it.

By the way I put your like on my page I hope you don't mind. I am sure a lot of the Corona people will love to hear how you are doing.