Monday, September 1, 2008

One month of Excitement

I haven't posted in the last month because I have been out of the country! My parents who have been serving an LDS mission in Chile were being released in August. I decided I would go and bring them home. What a vacation! The trip started out in Fruita were I left Daisy in a kennel and Greg picked her up on the weekends. I traveled down to California to visit my sister and her family for almost a week. I then journeyed down to San Diego to attend a conference fro school. A week later I flew to South America.

I spent about a week in Santiago, Chile with my parents. Chile was beautiful and while there I was jealous of Melissa who was able to serve a mission here also.

They lived a couple of blocke from the MTC, temple, mission home and area offices. I was not expecting to do as much walking as we did. Santiago is a big city with skyscrapers and smog. It is also nestled in by the Andes to make a beautiful backdrop.

We went out to the coast one day to San Antonio and Cartahegna. We got the visit the fish markets and watch the fisher men bring home their catches.





On another day we hiked to the top of a mountain to see a giant statue of the Virgin Mary. I kid you not we hiked a good 10 miles all uphill. The views at the top were amazing.


On the way down we took the ferrico which was kinda scary considering we were going straight down.


You may be thinking why hasn't she posted any pictures of the exotic food? The answer is simple...the food was gross! It was so bland and not very good.

I have so many more pictures. All of the pictures are on our smug mug account. The link is on the side under family album.

3 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

I was so sad to see all your cool pictures of chile. I sat next to some people yesterday at the park and I was listening to them talk and I realized that they were speaking spanish but it was much easier to understand them and that they sounded prettier than normal (mexican spanish) so I asked them where they were from and sure enough they were from Argentina. Really close to the border with Chile. I made me feel very nostalgic, then you post these great pictures, I could just cry (oh I am) The new music is great too. Geesh I'm a mess.

Julie said...

I'm so glad you got to go pick your parents up. What a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see Chile and Peru.

Margene said...

We had a ball showing you around Santiago and the places we went and the things we did for the past 18 months.