Sunday, July 13, 2008

new calling

Fruita has about 10,000 people and when we moved up here they had 3 wards. about a month ago they redivided the 3 wards and formed a 4th. we stayed in the 2nd ward but our numbers are much smaller. I have just been called as the food storage person in our ward. I have had this calling before and I was really excited about having it again. i thought about the latest ensign message about technology and thought i will start a blog about food storage and include tips and recipes. Check out the link on the side (prepared pantry)and feel free to give me ideas to post. i'm not really looking for gross food storage recipes i'm looking for recipes that have some ingredients that you might find or substitute with those in your extended pantry. hopefully i will have this calling for the rest of my life...which i hope is for a really really long time.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi-
I found this blog when I was doing a "food storage" search in Google blogs. Anyway, great idea to start a blog of just food storage recipes - there is such a need for that! My friend and I have a food storage blog as well - feel free to check it out!

Hannah

RobRoy said...

Hey, congrats on your re-calling! Lil is big on the food storage thing, and we just attended an information workshop on all this stuff. You should give her a call. We picked up tons of information!

Kate said...

Everyone knows here that I am the coupon Queen. I dont know if it would help, but there is a great website that really helps with food storage and rotating stock. It teaches you how to use coupons and sales to your advantage. Buy in bulk and really not change (if decreasing) the money you spend. Just look into it. See for yourself. Dont be a coupon snob. www.pinchingyourpennies.com
Good luck, I wish for a calling like that!!

Violet said...

Great idea for a blog! I just got a great bread recipe from our Enrichment this month. I am in the process of getting permission from the lady to give it to you. It is a good one.

Good luck with the new calling.

Kate said...

Check out my friend Lisa's Blog. http://selfreliantsisters.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

Catherine! How dare you just tag me like that!! It has been a long time girlfriend, and I am glad you found me. Now about the food storage, I wish I had that calling. We just spend $300 towards our first official year supply, and we have a long way to go, considering I don't know how to cook with it yet. I can't wait to check out the other site.
P.S. We still have most of the Mcdonalds Barbie stuff and now the grandkids play with it. My favorite memory is going to your house. I remember the scary stairs that went down to your gargage and the trampoline in your back yard. I loved playing barbies with you! Thank you for finding me!