Saturday, October 6, 2007

my dog ate YOUR homework!

Some of you may be asking what is that a picture of? It looks like shredded paper on the floor. Yes, in fact it is shredded paper. One word...DAISY!

My students keep notebooks that they write in everyday that are personal. I brought them home because periodically I check them to make sure that they are in fact writing in them. Some of my students have very personal journals in them that are not shared with anyone but me. So how do tell you students that YOUR dog ate THEIR homework?

Here is yet another angle of the notebooks Daisy nibbled on.

5 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

Too funny!Just give the "lucky" journals a few points of extra credit for being tasty and none of your students will care. PS HOw are the hiccups?

catherine said...

The hiccups are finally over...three and a half weeks later! I'm kinda disappointed.

Taylor Swim said...

I'm with Melissa on the extra credit. A little duct tape and it'll be all better...

Anonymous said...

The students alwalys tell the teacher their dog ate their homework. So I guess it is okay for the teacher to tell the students her dog ate their homework right.

RobRoy said...

No, no. You've got it all wrong. Two words: plausible deniability. When you hand it back to them, and they ask, just give them a blank stare and say, "I have no knowledge of such activities, senator, nor would I be disposed to discuss such activities if any did, in fact, exist."

Can't tell you how many times that's gotten me out of giving extra credit points.