Friday, August 12, 2011

Dear Honey,


Wow! I can't believe that it has been over a year since I updated this blog. So much has happened I don't know where to start. Greg and I bought some property that is 15 minutes outside of town. Right now it is raw land (18 acres). We plan on building but haven't decided what exactly we want to build. We do know that we want our home to be as efficient as we can get it. It is exciting because there is a ton of wild life but not neighbors.
SOOOO...
Since we have so much land I can indulge my hippie tree hugger self and start planning green houses, beehives livestock and the list goes on and on. Today I got a book about bee keeping in hopes that this land can produce honey.

Its exciting to have our own little piece of raw land. In a way I feel like I'm homesteading the wild wild west!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

So where is it? I have beekeeper friends in Temecula if you want to talk to them....They've been doing it since before I met them, 1980, they might know something.

Jen said...

You should read Farm City! Then you'll want bees and rabbits and... pigs? ;)

Julie said...

Yippee! Glad to see a new post. Good luck in your adventures and planning of what to do with your land.