Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks Greg!

Greg was in Las Vegas working for Valentines day so I didn't think I would get anything except a phone call. He sure did surprise me.

This delivery of flowers was much better than the one on my birthday last year.



Last year I took the day off and decided to lounge around the house. I took a shower about 9:30 and then turned on the tv without getting dressed. About 10:00 I hear someone knock on the door and think "oh no I am only in a towel and I can't get to my bedroom without going in front of the front door that has a window!" I decided to just wait. Meanwhile Daisy is going crazy because someone is outside and she wants me to open the door. The guy knocks again. Daisy continues to bark. After the third knock the front door (that is not locked) begins to open. I think someone is coming inside to rob me. I stand up and the old flower delivery man sees me and tries to ignore the fact that I am wearing a towel. He was just going to place the flowers inside because it was December. Daisy saw the open door and ran right out. A birthday that is hard to forget.
Needless to say I thought Greg would never send flowers again. Thank You!

5 comments:

Taylor Swim said...

Those are beautiful! I absolutely LOVE roses. What a great treat!

Julie said...

He he, that's a great story. Thanks for the laugh. Glad you got beautiful roses even though your honey was gone.

Anonymous said...

Greg always thinks of the somethings special. I love the slide show and music too. Beautiful flowers. mom

The Snow Queen said...

Whoa. I don't check your blog for a few days and you do all this fancy stuff! What is the world coming to? Hey at least you had a towell on. I could tell a story where you were missing that piece of covering also. Greg did good. He's a good boy. Flowers are so nice.

Em-Cat said...

What a guy! He's so good to send you flowers...