Saturday, December 15, 2007

Fall Family picture & a motorcycle ride

Around mid-November Catherine, Daisy & I took a drive to the La Sal Mountains, which is in the range that sits above Moab, UT. I had been up in this area the week before on my motorcycle & thought that it was a simply amazing area & I wanted to show Catherine.

We took our family photo up there, it was pretty hard getting Daisy to sit still for 30 seconds, but after a few tries we got it.














When I was up there on my motorcycle the week before I saw a Lynx, which was a first or me. It was just larger than a house cat, had big, pointy ears, massive paws & a round bobbed tail. It was a pretty amazing sight. That ride was my first 'big' ride on my new KLR, I rode from our place in Fruita to the La Sals by the way of the Onion Creek trail. I quit counting the stream crossings after 15, I think there ended up being near 20, it was pretty fun crossing the stream that many times, I had to try not getting too wet. Riding up the canyon was amazing, there's some neat scenery up there. Eventually I crossed into the La Sal Natl. Forest. While riding thru the forest I thought to myself, 'I have to get back in this area, it's amazing!' Huge pine trees, amazing views, etc! I stopped the bike & walked around the area as the road started to loose elevation.

























I saw some footprints from a massive wild turkey. I couldn't help but wonder where he would be around Thanksgiving, probably doing his best to hide. I rode into Moab for a early dinner, then rode back to Fruita. It ended up being nearly 250 miles round trip, with about 1/3 of it being offroad. I can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

Phoenix thinks that it is a dinosaur turkey. Maybe it was an emu. I think Daisy looks pretty good. Catherine looks good too. I hope she had a very good birthday. Did she really wear all black to school? Only 1 more week until Christmas break!

Greg G said...

Could be the elusive dinosaur turkey, this is the right area! Yeah Catherine wore all black, including the black/tye-die tights!

Anonymous said...

So Catherine wore black on her biirthday, good job Dacky. I like the family picture. i go along with Phoenixi looks like adinsaur. The LaSal Mountains look beautiful Another trip we can take when we come to visit.